When I posted this recipe on my Instagram I instantly received so many photos of everyone trying this recipe and really loving it! It has that umami flavour because of the dressing which is salty, sour, sharp and sweet at the same time.
Diet: Gluten free
Time: 20 minutes
• Half an iceberg lettuce or cabbage
• 8 carrots grated
• 2 spring onions
• Bunch of mint
• 400 gr. of free range chicken fillet
• Handful of chopped peanuts
• Store bought fried onions
• 50 ml. of fish sauce
• 50 ml. of lime juice
• 25 gr. of sugar
• 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
• 1 chili pepper finely chopped
1. First make the dressing by mixing the sugar with the lime juice until all the sugar has
dissolved. Then add the fish sauce, garlic and chili pepper.
2. Next prepare the chicken, you can poach the fillets in broth on a low simmer for 10-15 minutes or fry in a pan with some oil.
Once cooked, shred the chicken and let it cool.
3. For the salad, quarter the lettuce and really finely shred it. Grate the carrots on the largest
wholes of a box grater or use a mandolin or a food processor. Finely slice the spring onion
and chiffonade the mint (Stack the mint leaves on top of each other, rolling them tightly, then
slicing the leaves in long strips).
4. Add the lettuce, carrot, spring onion, mint and shredded chicken to a bowl and mix
together. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and finish with chopped peanuts and the fried
onions and serve immediately!